We all know that Galaxy Note 7 ended up as one of the most disappointing tech stories in the history of Samsung.
But can the tech giant be able to redeem its image with the recently announced Galaxy S8? Will Samsung be able to correct its mistakes and then win back their lost customers?
There are so many Android-powered smartphones in the market today but can the new Samsung Galaxy S8 raise the bar? Can the Android mobile phone offer what the consumers are looking for in a smartphone?
From design to specs, Galaxy S8 is undoubtedly a stunning smartphone that will surely compete well. But the main task now is for Samsung to convince consumers to trust them again.
Can Samsung Galaxy S8 Prove A Point?
Can Samsung actually prove a point with the new Galaxy S8? The popularity of Android as a preferred OS for smartphones has grown exponentially. More smartphone manufacturers – and even NOKIA – have now adopted Android OS.
Galaxy S8 is a phablet – a really big Android smartphone that comes with excellent computing hardware and really pleasing physical design you will surely love.
As a popular tech company known for quality products across the globe, Samsung would have you believe it has redefined smartphone design with its latest top-end handsets, the Galaxy S8 and the S8+. Hopefully, Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 will not disappoint you.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ specs and features
Galaxy S8 and the S8+ are elegantly designed phones. There are no seams, only the barest of camera bumps, and everything seems milled down to sub-millimetre tolerances. Galaxy S8 features a 5.8-inch, 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density) screen powered by Android OS, v7.0.
On the other hand, Galaxy S8+ features a 6.2-inch, 1440 x 2960 pixels (~529 ppi pixel density) screen powered by Android OS, v7.0. However, they both come with Exynos 8895 Octa chipset and Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz).
Both handsets are expected to be available in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, and Maple Gold. Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature 64GB storage (with a dedicated microSD slot, up to 256GB) and powered by 4GB RAM. They both come with 12 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash as well as a 9 MP secondary (selfie) camera.
Samsung Galaxy S8 specs
- Display type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen size: 5.8 inches (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- Processor: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- RAM: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 64 GB (microSD slot, up to 256 GB)
- Operating system: Android OS, v7.0
- Chipset: Exynos 8895 Octa
- Camera: 12MP (rear) + 9MP (front), 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, USB v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in)
- Battery capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Weight: 155 g (5.47 oz)
- Colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Features: FM radio, RDS, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, HTML5 Browser
Get it from Smartphone Company Get it from Phones.co.uk