Popular for its desktop version, VLC for Android is ranked one of the finest when you talk about media player apps for Android-powered devices.
This powerful multimedia player for Android devices is one of the most popular media player apps that’s capable of playing almost any video format.
VLC for Android app is a powerful media player that supports a wide variety of media files and formats such as 3gp, .avi, .divx, .f4v, .flv, .mkv, .mp4, .mpeg, .mov, .vob, .wmv, .xvid, and others.
The media player app also plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files and allows to browse folders directly. It has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments, and gestures to control volume and brightness.
The media player also comes with a widget for audio control, and it supports audio headsets control, cover art, and a complete audio media library.
The VLC media player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player. It plays most of the multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
It is still a beta, so it might kill your kitten or destroy your house, but it should be mostly fine now. VLC for Android Beta has been downloaded and installed for 10,000,000 – 50,000,000 times on Google Play store.
VLC for Android Beta Pros
- Plays most local video and audio files.
- Offers gestures control (volume/brightness).
- Network streams plus adaptive streaming.
- Offers media library for audio/video files.
- Allows to browse folders directly.
- Supports for multi-track audio and subtitles.
- Auto-rotation and aspect-ratio adjustments.
- It includes a widget for audio control.
- Supports audio headsets control.
VLC for Android Beta Cons
- This is an early BETA version.
- Bugs and issues on some devices.
- Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware.
- Other issues with older versions of Android.